Monday, October 29, 2007

Elmo and Oat-Meat, On This I Can Depend

 My son LOOOVES Elmo. Morning, noon, and night. It's all Elmo all the time. He doesn't complain when we have to leave the house, but as soon as we return he takes me by the hand and leads me to the tv, giving me an "MMMM" for Elmo.

 Elmo has his good points. Elmo teaches sharing, shapes, colors, and numbers. There could be worse things that my son is into. Elmo also allows me, THE MOM, the shower or get a bite to eat.

 My son has food issues. He prefers crunchy foods and the old stand-by, OAT-MEAT.

 My husband is responsible for Oat-Meat. Here is the recipe:

 One jar of baby food meat
 One jar of baby food fruit
 One jar of baby food veggies
 Baby food oatmeal

 Add the first three ingredients into a bowl, then add enough oatmeal to thicken. The mixture should be thick enough to stay on an inverted spoon. Serve at room temperature.

 My son loves Oat-Meat. However, it doesn't pack very well.

 My son does prefer crunchy foods, so he will eat grilled cheese. Grilled anything really. He will eat apples because they are crunchy. Fries and chicken nuggets, as long as the chicken nuggets are homemade, no frozen nuggets for David. He will eat bananas because he likes to flip the peel between bites.

 He recently began trying new foods before he rejects them. He feels them with his hand and snifffs them. If a food passes the touch test, he'll sniff it. If it passes his sniff test, he will put it in his mouth. If he likes he, he may have a few bites. If he doesn't like it, the bearer will have it returned to them. Sometimes nicely, sometimes the food ends up in the bearer's hair.

 Oh well, what can you do?

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!


Get a better improved ebay FREE at http://www.BuySellDirect.net.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the best place to sell your products absolutely free on the internet.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more
than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.
However imagine if you added some great pictures or videos
to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this site could definitely be one of the very best in its field.
Amazing blog!

my web site - coffee houses

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but this weblog is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.


Also visit my blog ... mouse click the next article

Anonymous said...

Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological world the whole thing is accessible on web?


Here is my web site; http://www.osteopatiacreso.com/