Monday, November 5, 2007

Today was U-G-L-Y

 When I woke David this morning he didn't greet me with his usual smile. That's usually indicitive of how the day will be. I got him up, fed, washed, and dressed. He had a two hour ABA session at 8:30. That was ok, just ok. It wasn't one of his better sessions.

 The house of was bit chilly so I turned on the heat. After a few minutes the carbon monoxide detector went off...again.

 I turned off the furnace, opened the windows and attemted to get us out of the house as quickly as possible. Quickly? Yeah right, well as quickly as I could with a screaming 2 year old.

 I decided to go to a mall that he hasn't been to yet. There is a bus near my home that goes to another bus that would take us there. Yeah, right. After learning from a fellow bus rider that I had " just missed" a bus and I would have to wait an hour for the next one. I decided to stroll to kill time. David settled down into his umbrella stroller, the crying FINALLY stopped. We saw cool things on our walk. A firetruck, buses, and trucks. We stopped in a convenience store to say hello to the owner. He has a daughter about my sons' age and we visit them sometimes. I forgot that she doesn't come to the store on Monday. We walked back to the bus stop.

 My son loves buses. There is a small bus turnaround stop near my house and we spent much time watching the buses. A very nice bus driver let David board his bus during a dinner break. David walked the aisle and he even got the honk the horn. Cool beans.

 I don't know what happened today. After waiting an hour for the bus, David refused to board. He stiffened his body and had a fit. The driver stayed as long as he could. I understood he had a schedule to keep so I let him go. Sigh...

 David has not napped today. He is generally ugly today. Nothing is making him happy. He wants to nap, he doesn't want to nap. He wants to eat, he doesn't want to eat.

 It's just one of the ugly days. I can't wait until it's over because I know tomorrow will be better.

No comments: