Thursday, November 8, 2007

Toy Recalls

 My son puts everything in his mouth. New items are first explored orally and then, if everything tastes right I guess, he may touch it.

 That poses a challenge for me and a potential health threat for him. Now, not only do I have to screen toys for age appropriate-ness and fine and gross motor preparedness, I have to look at where the toy was made when purchasing new toys and then check recall lists for toys I currently own.

 My rule for currently owned toy safety: When in doubt, throw it out.

 Did you all read about this: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/2007/11/08/2007-11-08_potentially_lethal_drug_in_aqua_dots_toy.html

 This is really frightening. Any of our children could be in danger from a toy. A toy! What is happening to the world?

I guess I'll just continue to live by my safety rule: When in doubt, throw it out.

No comments: