Monday, December 31, 2007

2007- What A Year It Has Been!

2007 was a year of many changes for my family.

In January we began ABA Therapy with David. At first I was skeptical. It all seemed so Pavlovian to me. If one more person asked my son to touch his @#$@ head I was gonna scream. I now know and understand the method to the madness.

My beloved neice, Jodie -Jodelle in the grown up world- married a wonderful man. We are so blessed to have Keeghan in the family.

My sister had surgery, she had a very difficult recovery, but she is fine now.

June 14- I became a grandmother to a 10 pound 2 oz bundle of joy named Layla. She and my daughter are treasures!

My Davids and I moved to a new house. We moved into a town that has an excellent autism program in their public school system. We weren't ready to move into a house, but when duty calls, you step up.

My husband started a new job as a fourth grade teacher in a district that he just loves. He has a great group of students and the staff is just wonderful.

My husband's only sister was married to a great guy. His family is awesome. I hope we get to see them again.

Today is David's last Early Intervention service session of the year. He has one more session on January 2, the day he ages out.

David has come a long way this year. He can walk, which is great because I looked like Angelina Jolie carrying such a big boy on my hip- OK, so I look nothing like Angelina Jolie, but I can dream can't I? David is much more connected to the world and to others. He can follow directions. He knows his colors, shapes, letters, and numbers. Elmo is still his best friend and music is very important to him.

So, tootles to 2007 and to 2008, get ready, because we're coming!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season! Happy New Year!

Kelly Yates-Rice said...

Happy New Year, Amy. I hope you and your family has a great 2008!