Saturday, December 22, 2007

Another Nice School Visit

Yesterday, David and I visited the school where my husband teaches fourth grade.

My husband promised his class that they could meet David at their Christmas party, since my husband talks about his son all the time!

What a great group of kids! 18 well behaved, bright fourth graders.

I was concerned that having eighteen 9 and 10 year olds in a close space would be too much stimulation for David. I was so wrong. David loved the attention from the students. He had good eye contact and enjoyed being with them. Having pizza and chips didn't hurt the cause either.

The ride home was long. Over an hour for commute that ususally takes half that time. We moved very slowly over the road that leads to the Garden State Parkway. David was talking! He kept saying "car" and "go" I couldn't have agreed more.

We took a long nap today. Maybe we'll head out to a mall. They are open late and I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet.

2 comments:

Maddy said...

No more shopping for us just wrapping and cooking [thank goodness]
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"which takes you straight to my new blog.

Amy said...

I am so glad that David had a great time at your husband's christmas party! Yikes on the traffic! I hope you find everything you need at the mall!

Best wishes and Merry Christmas,

Amy