Friday, December 28, 2007

M Squared (3-1=2)= Romance Radar

Tonight my husband's sister The Magnificent Maria will marry The Marvelous Melvin.

M Squared.

They are so cute. I know they will be very happy together. They purchased their first home together very close to us, so I hope we see them more often, well, not too often, they are newlyweds after all.

3-1=2

We are not taking David to the wedding. I am looking forward to both the wedding and having adult time with my husband and family.

It's hard finding time for adult activities. Not just romance, but just to sit and talk and connect with someone who doesn't require a diaper change or a sippy cup.

It's important to stay connected with your significant other. We all know that. It's just so difficult to find that time. The time to reconnect, to enjoy one another, to talk about your fears and goals and dreams. Life sometimes gets in the way. Life stressors sometimes get in the way.

And then there is Romance Radar.

My kids have Romance Radar. It's a little blip in their little brains that switches on when triggered. Triggers include, but are not limited to:

Marvin Gaye
Kissing
Candlelight
Ten P.M.

If I could create a dietary supplement to deaden the Romance Radar, I would be a very rich, and happier woman.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you have a great time at the wedding! Dh and I so need time alone as well - and once you create that device to end the romance radar, pass it over to me! :)

Kelly Yates-Rice said...

Hi Amy!
The wedding was wonderful. The bride was absolutely stunning and I danced like I haven't danced in years!

Joey Barton said...

So glad you got time alone. Thankfully Rashele and I get to go on a date a 1 or 2 times a month. It's nice having some family close by, and they know how to handle Mason for the most part :O)

Still looking forward to a weekend trip by ourselves though. That hasnt happened in nearly 10 years.

Kelly Yates-Rice said...

A weekend away..oh to dream!

My daughter knows her brother well. She had him in bed at 8:30 last night. She's GOOD!