Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Wish List

I wish I were thinner.
I wish I were taller.
I wish I were smarter.
I wish my son didn't have autism.

I wish I were bolder.
I wish I could swim five miles.
I wish I wasn't addicted to potato chips.
I wish my son didn't have autism.

I wish the world were a kinder place.
I wish gasoline weren't so expensive.
I wish for an end to all suffering.
I wish my son didn't have autism.

I wish I could dance like I used to.
I wish I could stay in bed and make love all day.
I wish I could bounce a dime off my ass.
I wish my son didn't have autism.

I wish for honesty.
I wish for hope.
I wish for wisdom.
I wish my son didn't have autism.

I wish for love.
I wish for dreams.
I wish my husband could read my mind.
I wish my son didn't have autism.

I wish for salvation.
I wish for strength.
I wish for patience.
I wish my son didn't have autism.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can relate to your wish list. Especially the ones where you wish David didn't have autism. There are a lot of times that I wish the same. But I love Peter regardless and I know you do as well. Lots of hugs going your way. Hope all is well and David is doing great.

Amy

Kelly Yates-Rice said...

Morning Amy,

All is well, are you getting snow yet? Some icy stuff just started falling from the sky UGH! I hate winter and it's not even offically here yet.