Friday, January 18, 2008

David's First Sick Day

When you have a child in pre-school, it's bound to happen.

The school nurse called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that David had a low-grade fever. Because of that, he wouldn't be permitted to attend school today.

He has a cold. Nothing serious. Just the sniffles that half his class has right now.

We were still in bed when the schoolbus driver honked her horn to pick up the rider across the street. David heard the horn and went to the window. He moved the window blind so he could see.

He tried to get me out of bed so we could go to the bus. Poor guy. I had to tell him that he couldn't go to school today.

He was so upset. He's better now. Cherrios and Elmo saved the day!

I'm glad he likes school. He seems very happy. His teacher sent me an e-mail this morning to see how he was doing. The timestamp said 3:29am. I hope that was incorrect. You need your sleep woman!

1 comment:

amy said...

Awww! I hope he is feeling better today. I hear you on sick days - not fun! Peter does the same thing - he pushes me to the door to go to school when he's sick. Hope all is well!