Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Playground Season!

Today David and I went to the playground for the first time this season.

I'm sad to report that David no longer fits in the bucket swing. The cool thing is he knew he wouldn't fit in the bucket swing. I tried to put him in one and he wouldn't put his feet in. He placed his bottom in the swing with his feet dangling over the side.

He didn't have a melt down because he didn't fit in the swing and he wasn't upset that the regular swings were occupied. We just made out way around the playground and had a lovely walk around the neighborhood.

We looked at the budding flowers. We looked at people riding bikes and walking their dogs. We had a very nice time together.

David showed a new level of maturity and confidence with today's playground season opener. He remembered things from last season's walks. My neighbor on the corner has a fountain in their front yard. David was looking for the water. It's too early in the season for the water. I told him it will be a while before they turn the water on. He looked for another neighbor's dog who is usually in the side yard. We didn't see him today.I didn't have the heart to tell David that the dog may have gone to doggie heaven. The dog is/was very old. David knew which yards held the season's first flowers and he made sure to walk me to them because he knows how much I love to see the crocus and daffodyls.

He really is a sweet kid.

No comments: