Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Been A Very Challenging April

This has been one heck of an April.

David ate the glass, then he and I came down with a nasty stomach virus. David is better. I am not. If you want to lose your winter weight with the quickness, eat saltines and dry toast for two weeks. After this is over, I doubt I will eat saltines or dry white toast for a very long time.

My daughter passed out at her home. Her building super (or maintenance man for those of you who don't have supers) was there with her when it happened- Thanks Mr. Super for taking care of my girl!

The same night, my grand daughter was hospitalized with a non-viral stomach issue.
Note to caregivers: Do not feed a 22 month old 3 slices of Domino's Pizza, fried chicken, and half a bag of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.

My grand daughter will start nursery school on Monday.

There were loved ones who passed away and those who are surgical patients.

Yes, it's been a very challenging April.

Living with Autism everyday does not exclude us from everything else that can and will happen in life. I think living with Autism has made me better prepared for the unexpected. When those curve balls come low and inside, I just swing my hips and change my stance. I tighten my grip and keep it moving.

No comments: