Monday, June 22, 2009

Ode To Joy

Today, David's class was treated to the dress rehearsal of the school wide talent show. One of the participants played Ode To Joy on the flute. While the children were seated and listening so well, everyone could hear someone humming along with the flutist.

It was David.

His teacher told us that David hummed the entire song and didn't miss a note. Everyone was amazed. What four year old knows Ode To Joy?

David.

David's father has been singing Ode To Joy to David in German since David was a baby. It's one of my favorite pieces and I often hum it around the house.

David is one of those people who can hear a song once and he knows it. Even if he doesn't use words for the lyrics, he sings quite well and it's a pleasure to hear him singing and singing brings him joy.

Words by Schiller. Music by Beethoven. Rock on, David!

2 comments:

Max and Me said...

That is a beautiful song! Now you have me humming it.

I blog about autism but haven't blogged in about a year...finally coming back to it. I want to connect with other parents who have kids on the spectrum and so...here I am. Nice to meet you.

Hummingbirder said...

Awesome, David!
My son is currently loving the music by Kindermusik. It's very interactive and he's really picking up the words and all.