Friday, July 17, 2009

I Had A Plan, Then David Said, "HA"

David was up most of the night last night. I guess his fits of hysterical laughter kept him from sleeping. So, he didn't go to school today. That's always bad.

We only have one car- which sucks in ways I can't even begin to tell you about. See, there's a story behind the one car. Well, anyway...

David woke up when the school bus arrived and he woke up laughing. I knew it was going to be a day where David needed a lot of attention and activity.

I dug through drawers and pockets and came up with enough cash to take a bus to a train that would take us to a children's museum about an hour away from my house.

David loves trains and the train ride itself would take an hour. I thought that would be a great thing for David to do. Lots of stuff to see during a long train ride.

I calculated my time very carefully. The bus stop is very close to my house. I chose the time of the better bus to take us to the train station. I didn't want to arrive too early at the station because, well, just because and I didn't want to arrive too late because I would have to us a self ticketing machine to avoid a 10.00 (yes, TEN dollars) penalty for not using the self ticketing machine.

So, we leave home. I had a nice lunch packed and all of David's required items in his book bag.

And then IT HAPPENED.

David decided to walk like a 90 year old man wearing cement shoes. When we finally arrived at the corner, I could see the bus. I picked him up and started running. The @#$@# bus driver was stopped at the red light. He saw me running, he saw me flagging him down. He gunned his engine and went through the light a bit before it turned green.

There's a special place in hell for people like that bus driver.

So, David and I went back home. I fed him his lunch and some of my chips that I eat when I'm frustrated. What I really want is a double margarita straight up.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Unfortunately......we are also familiar with cement shoes.
Best wishes