Friday, September 11, 2009

This and That

First there's this:

David has made incredible progess with his ABA programs. He has mastered 4 trials in 3 weeks. Prior to that, David has not mastered any trials in 2 years,

And that:

The therapists who made this happen aren't available this school term.

This:

David is talking and babbling much more lately.

That:

His favorite word is "Oh-Oh" and he means what he says.


There has been a big change in David over the last two months. He's more mature and he is developing new skills. What I'm afraid of is what I call the plateau effect. There is growth and then he'll reach this plateau and just stay there for a very long time. He's more connected with the world (GFCF diet or maturation?) and he has more interests. So maybe that will encourage him to stay the course and live in the world and welcome us in it.

A new school year has started. David's last in pre-school. So I'm sure this school year will be all about kindergarten readiness. I often tell David that he is a big boy when he does big boy things and how he does a really great job doing this or that. He now prefers showers to baths, books with words instead of just pictures with a word or two. He likes to introduce me to new things, especially new music. Kings of Leon is now a favorite thanks to David. He loves long drives while we listen to the radio, which isn't too painful with the current gas prices.

I've been blogging for close to two years. David is autistic, but he is the greatest son a mom could ever have.

1 comment:

Hummingbirder said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you've seen some good progress with David and bless you for your dedication to your son.
My son is almost 4 and has been making progress lately too. I would love to start him on an ABA program. I think he'd do great.